Sunday 6 January 2008

Lesson on The Solar System - Phases of the Moon

Do you notice that the moon changes its shape?

1. Go to Phases of the Moon website, click on play button to see the changes in the shape of the
moon.
Does it really change its shape?
Click on background information to find out why the moon changes its shape.

2. Let's go to another website to find out even more!
The Phases of the Moon
Read about Facts about the Moon and go through Animation 1.
Click on Animation 1 and then choose Activity. Then click 'play' (triangle) icon.
Now read about Why does the Moon change shape? (click on the link) and then take the
Moon Challenge.
See a diagram of the different moon phases around the Earth - Click here.
See an animation showing the different moon phases around the Earth - Click here.

3. Assignment: Make your own Lunar Calendar
You will be given a calendar of January. Starting from the day you receive the calendar, look
at the Moon every night in the sky and paste the most suitable picture of the moon on the
calendar. Hand in your calendar on 1 Feb (Fri).
Do not click on the Phases of the Moon Calendar for the answers. (School Value: Sense of
Integrity)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of hombre who enjoys to try original stuff. Presently I'm making my personal solar panels. I'm managing it all alone without the assistance of my staff. I am using the internet as the only path to acheive this. I encountered a truly awesome website that explains how to build photovoltaic panels and wind generators. The web site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure about how correct the data given there is. If some people over here who have xp with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the site it would be awesome and I'd extremely treasure it, cauze I really love [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com/useful-articles]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. U people are great.